How to start migration process to New Zealand

Immigration New Zealand offers a variety of visas such as temporary entry class (visitor visas, student visas, work visas, limited visas or special category visas), residence class visas or transit visas.

You can visit New Zealand on visitor visa if you plan to travel or visit your friends or family.

If you wish to study in New Zealand, there is a student visa.

If you would like to gain some work experience and work in New Zealand you could apply for a work visa.

There is also a range of residence visas, if you are thinking of living in New Zealand permanently.

Visa Requirements

Each visa has requirements that applicant must meet before his visa will be considered by INZ and then decided.

Some of the requirements could be:

To demonstrate to INZ that you are a bona fide person, and that means that you are a genuine person who acts in good faith.

You will need to show to INZ if you have,

a) any family ties you have in your home country or in New Zealand

b) any personal, financial, work or other commitments you have in your home country or New Zealand

c) any circumstances that might mean you will not want to return to your home country.

To make sure that your passport is valid for at least 3 months after you leave New Zealand (if you are from visa waived country)

That you are a person of good character. In this case you may need to provide police certificates as proof of your good character.

If you're aged 17 and over and will stay in New Zealand for more than 24 months, you must provide police certificates from:

a) your country(s) of citizenship

b) any country(s) you've spent more than 5 years in since turning 17.

You don't need to provide police certificates if you have provided them to us with an earlier visa application, and they were issued in the previous 24 months.

That you are a person of good health. In this case you may need to have a chest x-ray and/or a medical examination as proof of your good health. When you need an X-ray or/and medical examination will depend on the time you plan to stay in New Zealand.

New Zealand job offer. This must be a full-time, permanent and genuine offer. Your remuneration and job description will also matter.

Qualifications and/or work experience

The qualifications and/or experience you need are listed by occupation in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). 

Evidence of qualifications can include:

  • original or certified copies of your qualifications

  • evidence the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) recognises your qualification.

Evidence of experience can include documents that show:

  • the work that you did

  • the dates you did the work

  • how many hours a week you worked (on average)

  • the contact details for your employer or employers

  • how your work experience relates to the work you’ve been offered in New Zealand.

And many more. It will vary depending on type of visa you will apply for.

If you are considering immigrating to New Zealand I would advise you at first looking at INZ website. Their website is clear and there is a lot explained about different types of visas and criteria that you will need to meet before you submit your application.

If you feel overwhelmed with the process and all immigration rules seems complex and difficult and you are not sure where to start I would advise you to start from assessing your circumstances.

My goal is to make your immigration as simple as possible. I can assist you at first by checking which visa options are available to you and what you have to do to meet immigration requirements.

The charge of this formal written assessment will be deducted from the on-going fees.

If you would like to know if you meet immigration requirements for any of visas to New Zealand please contact me today.

257 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All